Photo

Photo

Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My sister-in-law had her engagement party last month. Her mom asked me to make some cupcakes. Her daughter came up with the idea of bunnies and bears based on their nicknames. I was a bit nervous at first that I wouldn't be able to pull it off but in the end I was very happy with the bears and the bunnies were okay. I made cupcakes with paw print and grass with flowers to compliment them. I based the structure of the bears on the polar bear design from "What's New, Cupcake" and tweaked the ingredients. The bunnies were my own design.

The following is what I used to make the bears:

Body: vanilla, chocolate or carrot cake cupcake
Head: plain munchkin dipped in dark chocolate frosting
Fur: ground up oreo cookie
Paws: chocolate covered brownie bites
Muzzle: chocolate covered brownie bite dipped in dark chocolate frosting and coated with turtle crunch
Ears: chocolate cheerios
Nose: mini M&M






No comments:

Post a Comment